We would be delighted to arrange to send you copies of my books.
- To the Memory: New Zealand’s War Memorials, Pottin and Burton, 2016: A beautifully-presented update and rewrite of my earlier work on war memorials. $59.95
- ‘A Blot on the Statute Book” Imprisonment for Debt in New Zealand 1840-1990, NZHistoryJock, 2016: A fascinating study of this bizarre practice written by Peter Coleman, $20.00
- Brothers in Arms – Gordon and Robin Harper in The Great War , NZHistoryJock, 2015: A gripping account of two brothers in the Great War, $40.00
Earlier books available are:
- In the Light of the Past: Stained Glass Windows in New Zealand Houses (with Chris Maclean), Oxford University Press, 1983: This is a beautifully illustrated survey of the leaded windows which added so much to New Zealand domestic architecture from the 1890s to the 1970s. Available for $25.00
- A Man’s Country? The Image of the Pakeha Male – A History, Penguin Books, revised edition, 1992. A path-breaking and highly influential study of the male stereotype in New Zealand. Available for $20.00
- The Sorrow and the Pride: New Zealand War Memorials (with Chris Maclean), GP Books, 1990. This exhaustively-researched study of New Zealand war memorials uncovers a fascinating history which tells us much about New Zealand attitudes to war, public sculpture and the nature of memory. Available for $20.00
- Royal Summer – the visit of Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh to New Zealand, 1953-54, Daphne Brasell, 1993. This charming account of the memorable tour by a young queen when three quarters of the country went on to the streets to wave their Union Jacks, tells us much about the country New Zealand once was. The contemporary photographs say much about society in the 1950s. Available for $20.00
- Settlers: Immigrants to New Zealand from England, Scotland and Ireland, 1800-1945 (with Terry Hearn, Auckland University Press, 2008. A fundamental resource for New Zealand history, this book explores in detail for the first time the question of the social and geographical origins of the people who settled New Zealand from Great Britain. Available for $20.00.
If you want any of these books email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- the number and names of the books
- your name
- your email
- your address